Even if you are stuck at home and can’t make it out to Bachata classes in Miami, you can still learn how to dance, get some exercise, and have a good time without leaving your house. Are you ready to add something interesting into your mundane daily routine? Learn how to dance so you’ll be ready to hit the dance floor as soon as it is safe to gather with crowds again.
What is Bachata?
Bachata is a social dance style that came to us from the Dominican Republic. This style of dance focuses on hip movement with less focus on the upper body. Traditionally, Bachata has been danced in a closed position, but over the years it has evolved. While the newer styles of Bachata still keep the traditional 1, 2, 3 tap sequence, people have added their own flair to the style. Bachata classes in Miami, in groups, one-on-one, and virtually are gaining popularity.
Tips for Learning Solo
Learning the basic Bachata dance moves at home on your own is fun and exciting. Even though Bachata classes in Miami would be great, if you have to be stuck at home, you can make the most of it. Here are a few tips for learning how to dance solo:
1) Find a great virtual Bachata class in Miami: There are now so many options for virtual dance classes! They are a great, affordable option for learning at home.
2) Film yourself: Set up a video camera or even just your phone so you can see what you’re doing. Watching yourself dance is a great way to fix mistakes before they become bad habits. Take notes in your virtual Bachata classes in Miami so you can remember how it is supposed to be done.
3) Listen to Bachata music: Get used to the beat and feel of Bachata music by listening to it even when you’re not practicing for your virtual Bachata class in Miami.
4) Watch the professionals: There are many professional Bachata dancers that you can watch online. Take some time to see what the dance is supposed to look like. The instructors in your virtual Bachata classes in Miami may recommend some videos for you to watch.
5) Have fun: Really, this is all about moving your body and having fun. Dance like nobody is watching!
Dance Apart, but Not Alone
When you are learning how to dance Bachata at home, you are apart, but you are not alone. When you connect with a virtual Bachata class in Miami, you can still develop a bond with your instructor and other virtual dance students.
Choose a Reputable Dance Studio
When you are looking for good quality Bachata classes in Miami, take a look at Salsa Kings. They offer both in-person and virtual group or private lessons. If you would rather follow along with a video, Salsa Kings also offers on-demand video courses.
With so many options for Bachata classes in Miami, learning in the privacy of your own home is easier than ever before. Whether you are in self-isolation due to the pandemic, you are shy, or have a busy schedule, you can learn how to dance Bachata on your own terms. However you learn, just remember to have fun while you are doing it!