Welcome to Episode 121 of the Salsa Kings LIVE podcast
We have been featured as #1 in “Top 10 Salsa Podcasts” on FeedSpot.
The title “All of You” raises questions about self-expression and authenticity in dance.
How much of ourselves do we truly reveal when we dance?
Today we will explore the idea of manual breathing and its connection to dancing with intention and awareness.
1. Transparency and Freedom: Andres emphasizes the importance of transparency and freedom in dance. He questions how vulnerable and open we are when we dance, urging us to remove layers and be transparent.
Are you doing what you want? Are you doing what feels good?
2. Manual Breathing: Manual breathing, aka meditation, is introduced as a means to enhance the dance experience. It’s suggested that by consciously controlling your breath, you become more connected to the music, your dance partner, and your environment.
3. Awareness and Intention: Manual breathing encourages awareness and intentionality in dance. It challenges dancers to move beyond automatic responses and instead consciously choose their moves based on what feels good.
4. Unlocking Choices: By learning to breathe manually and embracing being intentional, dancers unlock unlimited choices to choose from. The goal is to represent oneself authentically through dance, finding what feels good personally rather than dancing solely to impress others, solve a problem, or fill up a song.
5. Non-Verbal Communication: Non-verbal communication is important, particularly facial expressions, in dance. Feeling the music automatically conveys emotions through one’s face.
6. Mind at Rest: Manual breathing is presented as a means to quiet the mind, allowing it to rest from solving problems, its job. This peace of mind enables dancers to make choices that align with their feelings and desires (Their Soul).
In dance, “All of You” calls for a deeper connection to oneself and one’s partner. Manual breathing serves as a gateway to unlocking intention, awareness, and authenticity in movements. This reminds us that dance is not a problem to be solved but rather a space to make choices that reflect our true selves, emotions, and the music’s rhythm. By embracing transparency, manual breathing, and conscious choices, we can find the freedom to express ourselves fully on the dance floor.
Tune into this awesome interview! Never miss a beat and SUBSCRIBE to receive Salsa Kings LIVE notifications on right here on YouTube or via Text Message: Text the word JOIN to 69922 #SalsaKings#SalsaKingsLIVE